Blondies are similar to brownies however; it uses vanilla or white chocolate instead of normal milk or dark chocolate. The light brown sugar also gives a subtle caramel flavour to blondies. To create the recipe I used my Salted Caramel Brownies are inspiration, but I used Nutella instead of salted caramel in this recipe.
230g Melted Butter
440g Soft Light Brown Sugar
500g Plain Flour
4 x Eggs
4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1 Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. In a large mixing bowl add the melted butter and light brown sugar and mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
2, Next add the eggs slowly one at a time to prevent the mixture from curdling. Then add the vanilla extract and mix again.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate sugar and mix until all of the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
4. Divide the blondie mixture into two equally portions. Line and grease a 13 x 9 inch baking tray and place half of the blondie mixture into the tray.
5. In a separate bowl add the Nutella and place in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Transfer the soften Nutella into a piping bag.
6. Pipe the Nutella onto the blondie batter and then smoothen with an off set spatula.
7. With the remaining blondie mixture transfer the mixture into a piping bag. Next pipe the remaining mixture on top of the Nutella layer and then smoothen with an off set spatula.
8. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The blondies will be cooked if a skewer comes out clean when placed into the blondies. Place the tray onto a wire rack on leave to cool for 30 minutes.
9. Once the baking tray is cool place the tray into the fridge and chills the blondies for 1 hour. This will make it easier to cut the blondies.
10. Cut the blondies into 24 squares and serve.