Chocolate chips cookies is a classic thing to bake, quick, easy, simple and tasty. This recipe uses both granulates sugar and soft brown sugar, the soft brown sugar gives the cookies a subtle caramel flavour. Also, this recipe uses a lot of chocolate chips, this means in every bit of the cookie there will be an amazing taste of chocolate. These cookies have nice crispy edges but have a nice chewy, gooey middle. Chocolate chip cookies are great to eat straight out of the oven with a glass of cold milk. The orginal recipe can be found here: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/thick-and-chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies/
170g Melted Butter
200g Soft Light Brown Sugar
100g Granulated Sugar
1 x Egg
1 x Egg Yolk
300g Plain Flour
½ Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
½ Tsp Salt
250g Chocolate Chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160C/325F/ Gas Mark 3. Place the melted butter, soft brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients become paler in colour.
2. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients become incorporated.
3. Next add the plain flour, bicarbonate soda and salt and mix again until all of the dry ingredients are fully mixed in.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips until they are all evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
5. Using an ice cream scoop divide the cookie dough mixture into 19 portions and chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
6. Place 5 portions of cookie dough onto the lined baking tray and slightly flatten the cookie dough. Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes; the sides of the cookies should be golden brown.
7. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool the cookies on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
8. Now you can eat the chocolate chip cookies!
Here are some other cookie recipes you might like to try out!