This recipe combines two of my favorite things Oreos and Brownies. These brownies are soft, chewy and fudgy. In addition to that these brownies have a layer of Oreos in the middle and the top of the brownies are decorated with chopped Oreos!
Here is a cross-section of the Oreo Brownies!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter and mix until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
2. In another bowl add the caster sugar, light soft brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Then mix until all of the ingredients until the mixture becomes paler in colour.
3. Then pour in the cooled chocolate and butter into the bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4. Add the flour and cocoa powder, then mix until all of the dry ingredients are evenly incorporated.
5. Line a 9 x 13, inch tray with baking parchment. Pour half of the brownie mixture into the tray. Place 24 Oreos onto the brownie mixture.
6. Then pour the remaining brownie mixture into the tray and smooth the mixture with an offset spatula.
7. Sprinkle over the chopped Oreos over the top of the brownie batter and bake the Oreo brownies in the oven for 45 minutes.
8. Leave the brownies to cool for 30 minutes, then once the brownies are cool enough place the tray in the fridge for 1 hour (this will make cutting the brownies a lot easier).
9. Remove the brownies from the fridge and cut into squares.
Here are some other related recipes you might want to try out!