Here is a quick and easy blondie recipe with a little twist. The Custard Creams add a nice crunchy texture to the blondies and the custard powder in this recipe adds an instant taste of custard to these blondies.
250g Butter (Melted)
400g Light Soft Brown Sugar
4 x Eggs
3 Tsp Vanilla Extract
80g Caster Sugar
500g Plain Flour
100g Custard Powder
1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
1 ½ Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
15 Custard Creams (Crushed)
4 Tbsp Milk (Optional)
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the melted butter, soft brown sugar and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix the ingredients until they are all combined.
2. Next add the eggs and the vanilla extract and mix again until the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
3. Add the plain flour, custard powder, baking powder and bicarbonate soda. Mix the dry ingredients until they are evenly mix in. If the blondie batter is a bit dry add a bit of milk and mix again.
4. Grease and line a 13x9 inch-baking tray with parchment paper and pour the blondie batter into the baking tray. Smoothen the blondie mixture with an offset spatula.
5. Scatter the crushed Custard Creams over the blondie batter.
6. Bake the Custard Cream Blondies for 25-30 minutes. If the top of the blondies starts to darken to quickly, cover the tray with tin foil. The Custard Cream Blondies are cooked when a skewer comes out clean when placed through the Blondies. Place the tray to cool on a wire rack.
7. Once the baking tray has cooled down place the Custard Cream Blondies in the Custard Cream Blondies in the fridge to cool for 1 hour (this will make cutting the blondies easier).
8. Cut the Custard Cream Blondies into squares.
Here are some other Blondies/Brownie recipes you might want to try!