Yet again here is another brownie recipe, this time I have added crushed Bourbon Biscuits into the brownie batter and then decorated the top with even Bourbon Biscuits. This recipe makes the best Bourbon Biscuit Brownies which are fudge and gooey and make a perfect treat!
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate and butter and mix until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
2. In another bowl add the caster sugar, light soft brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Then mix until all of the ingredients until the mixture becomes paler in colour.
3. Then pour in the cooled chocolate and butter into the bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4. Add the flour and cocoa powder, then mix until all of the dry ingredients are evenly incorporated.
5. Next fold in the chopped Bourbon Biscuits into the brownie batter.
7. Sprinkle over the chopped Bourbon Biscuits over the top of the brownie batter and bake the Bourbon Biscuit Brownies in the oven for 45 minutes. If the Bourbon Biscuit starts to burn place tin foil over the top of the tray.
8. Leave the Bourbon Biscuit Brownies to cool for 30 minutes, then once the brownies are cool enough place the tray in the fridge for 1-2 hour, this will make cutting the Bourbon Biscuit Brownies a lot easier (I did not chill mine for long enough so I could not cut perfect squares out of this batch of brownies).
Here are some other Blondies/Brownie recipes you might want to try!