With Autumn (or Fall) just beginning it is the perfect time to bake. These cookies use a Pumpkin Spice mixture, this is a spice blend which is made up of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. The combination of spices in these cookies are nice and warming which makes them perfect for a cold Autumn night. This recipe should make around 20 Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies.
Recipe adapted from: https://akispetretzikis.com/categories/keik-mpiskota/mpiskota-kanelas
120g Soften Butter
90g Granulated Sugar
120g Soft Brown Sugar
1 x Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
220g Plain Flour
1 Tablespoon of Pumpkin Spice Mixture
1/2 Tsp Bicarbonate Soda
Pinch of Salt
40g Granulated Sugar
1 Tsp Tablespoon of Pumpkin Spice Mixture
Pumpkin Spice Mixture:
4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tsp Ground Ginger
2 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp Ground Allspice
1 Tsp Ground Cloves
1. To make the Pumpkin Spice mixture, in a small mixing bowl add the ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground allspice and ground cloves. Then mix the spices together until all the spices are evenly mixed. You may need to sieve the mixture if there are any lumps.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the soften butter, granulated sugar and soft brown sugar. Mix the ingredients until they become paler in colour.
3. Next add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
4. Add the plain flour, pumpkin spice mixture, bicarbonate soda and salt. Mix the ingredients until they are evenly incorporated.
5. Cover the mixing bowl with cling film and chill the pumpkin spice cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
6. While the dough is chilling, make the sugar coating. In a small bowl add the granulated sugar and pumpkin spice mixture and mix with a spoon until the sugar and spices are mixed in evenly. Next pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
7. Remove the pumpkin spice cookie dough from the fridge. Using a weighing scale measure out 30 grams of cookie dough mixture and roll into a ball.
8. Roll the pumpkin spice cookie dough in the sugar and spice mixture, make sure the ball is has an even coating of the sugar-spice mixture.
9. Place the pumpkin spice cookie dough balls on a lined baking tray and bake for 12-14 minutes.