Here is a great quick and easy cupcake recipe that uses one of the most popular chocolates you can buy at Easter - Cadbury Creme Eggs. This Easter treat consists of a chocolate cupcake, topped off with vanilla buttercream and then decorated with a chocolate ganache drizzle and Cadbury Creme Egg halves!
180g Soften Butter/Baking Spread
180g Caster Sugar
3 x Eggs
120g Self-raising Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
4tbsp Boiling Water
1tsp Baking Powder
125g Soften Butter
400g Icing Sugar
Dark Chocolate Ganache Drizzle:
100g Dark Chocolate
100ml Double Cream
6 x Cadbury Creme Egg (cut in half)*
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. In a large mixing bowl add the softened butter/baking spread and caster sugar. Mix the ingredients until they become paler in colour.
2. Next, add the eggs one at a time while mixing, this will prevent the mixture from curdling.
3. Add the self-raising flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and boiling water. Then mix the ingredients until they are fully incorporated.
4. Scoop out the cake mixture into a cupcake tin lined with cupcakes cases.
5. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. While the cakes baking, make the buttercream. Place the softened butter into a large mixing bowl and mix until the butter becomes paler in colour.
7. Next add the vanilla extract, milk and half the icing sugar. Mix until all the ingredients are incorporated and then add the rest of the icing sugar.
8. Add the orange food gel and mix.
9. To make the ganache, place the dark chocolate in a bowl. Heat the double cream until it starts to simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate and mix.
10. Once the cupcakes have cooled, place the buttercream into a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M Piping Tip and pipe the buttercream on to the cupcakes.
11. Place the ganache in a piping bag and drizzle the ganache over the cupcakes.
12. Finally, place the place the Cadbury Creme Egg halves on top of the cupcakes.
*To make it easier to cut the Cadbury Creme Eggs in half place them in the freezer for 1 hour and then cut them by using a bread knife.
Here are some other related Easter recipes and Cupcake recipes you might want to try out!