This Nutella star bread recipe is a great way to impress your friends and family! It is perfect for sharing as each person can tear a piece off! It tastes so good when it comes straight out of the oven, but you have to be careful not to burn yourself!
400g Strong White Flour
70g Caster Sugar
180ml Warm Milk
30g Melted Butter
1 x Sachet of Fast Action Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
2 x Egg Yolk
2x Egg White
1. In a large mixing bowl place the strong white flour, caster sugar, yeast, salt and egg yolks and mix all of the ingredients together.
2. Add the melted butter and milk and mix the ingredients until the mixture starts to form into a dough.
3. Dust a work surface with flour and knead the dough until it starts to become smooth and glossy. This should take around 10 minutes if kneading my hand. Or you could knead the bread using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment for 5 minutes, be careful not to over knead.
4. Cover the bowl with cling film and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour in a warm area.
5. Knock back the dough and cut the dough into 4 equal pieces. Pre heat the oven at 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
6. Roll out each dough ball into a large circle (it should be around the size of a dinner plate, roughly 20cm in diameter).
7. Transfer the rolled out dough onto a lined baking tray. Lightly place the dinner plate onto the dough; this should leave an outline on the dough.
8. Warm the Nutella in a microwave for 30 seconds and spread the Nutella on the dough using an offset spatula. Next roll out another piece of dough into a large circle again and place over the dough covered in Nutella. Repeat this process 2 more times. Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
9. Remove the dough from the fridge and place the dinner plate over the dough. Cut the excess dough away from the plate.
10. This is the tricky part, for some extra help watch the video down bellow. Place a cup at the center of the dough circle and cut into 16 equal segments.
11. Grab 2 pieces of the dough. Turn and twist each piece of the dough twice. Repeat this process for the remaining pieces of dough.
12. You should have 8 pairs of twists. To finish the bread pinch and tuck each pair of twisted dough together.
13. Egg wash the bread, with the remaining egg whites.
14. Bake for 18 minutes, the bread should be a nice golden brown colour.